I love this smoothie because it’s filling but not loaded with sugar. I like to eat something that really fills me so I don’t feel hungry 30 minutes later but it still gives me energy and doesn’t make me sleepy. This smoothie is loaded with healthy, beautifying healthy fats which are necessary to absorb the vitamins in the greens. The fats are also great to partner with caffeine (from the matcha) because it makes it digest slower. The greens are cleansing, full of fiber and all the nutrients you need to feel awesome all day long. The matcha has a gentle lifting energy so there’s no crash an hour later. It’s the perfect morning smoothie before hours and hours of concentrated creative time!
- 1 cup almond milk or coconut milk
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 tbsp Coconut Dream (Philosophie coconut butter with added superfoods)
- 1 tbsp Green Dream (A Philosophie superfood blend of plant-based proteins like spirulina, maca, mesquite, hemp, and chia seeds)
- 1/2 frozen packet coconut meat
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
Prep time: 5 min / Total time: 5 min
Cuisine: Vegan, gluten free
Makes:1 large serving or 2 small servings
- Blend all of the ingredients in a high speed blender.
- Pour the smoothie into a jar, sprinkle with bee pollen, and enjoy!!!
Photographs by Stephanie Park