I’ve always wanted to make my own matcha latte, but thought you needed fancy equipment like a frother or whisk to make one. That is, until I went over to interview Lily of Clean Food Dirty City, and she showed me this super cool blender trick—simply add boiling water and matcha into a Vitamix and blend for 30 seconds to create a foamy, frothy, dreamy latte. Since then, I’ve been obsessed with making my own matcha lattes at home.
This is my go-to matcha latte recipe—it’s creamy, smooth, delicious, and loaded with antioxidants. It gives me a calm and focused energy, making it the perfect replacement for coffee. I’ll usually make two servings for my boyfriend and myself, early in the morning or mid-afternoon. It’s really easy and takes less than 5 minutes to whip up. Enjoy!
FREE MATCHA GIVEAWAY (CLOSED): I somehow ended up with a bunch of extra Matcha Maiden matcha packets (thanks to my friend @spoonful_of_sarah), so I wanted to share the love! It’s my favorite matcha powder and I use it daily in my lattes, smoothies, and snacks. To win free Matcha Maiden matcha, simply tag 3 of your friends on this Instagram post or comment below with your favorite matcha recipe. I’ll be picking 8 winners throughout the week. (U.S. only)
P.S. I did a quick instastory on this recipe a while ago—I added it at the bottom of this post in case you missed it.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp matcha powder
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 tbsp honey, to taste
- Inspired by Lily of Clean Food Dirty City.
- Sub honey with coconut nectar or maple syrup to make vegan.
Cuisine: Vegan/vegetarian, dairy-free, gluten free
Prep time: 3 min / Total time: 3 min
- Add boiling water, almond milk, matcha powder, coconut oil, and vanilla extract to a Vitamix or high-speed blender. (I use this water boiler to boil my water, which makes it extra easy.)
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth for about 30 seconds. The mixture will be frothy.
- Pour into mugs and stir in honey to taste (I use about 1 tbsp per cup). Sip and enjoy!
Here’s the instastory (if you’re viewing it on the phone, click the expand icon in the upper right to view full screen):
Let me know if you try it! Leave a comment or #thehealthyhour on Instagram so I can see :)
Photographs by Stephanie Park