A hugely popular recipe and for good reason, my raweos are a raw version of the cream filled chocolate biscuit, the Oreo. Except mine are made without flour, refined-sugar, butter and an oven. I adore this recipe. The flavor combination is comfortingly reliable and they taste too good to be the healthy version. If there was one recipe that I were to convince you to make, it would be this one. Heaven in a bite.
- 3/4 cup (90g) pecans
- 1 cup (150g) medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2+ hours
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- Process biscuit ingredients in a food processor until it reaches a dough-like consistency.
- Roll mixture into a large ball and flatten on cutting board with a rolling pin.
- Cut in circle shapes with cookie cutter and refrigerate until firm. You can freeze to speed up the process.
- Drain cashews and blitz filling ingredients in the food processor. Mixture should be creamy and smooth.
- Spread filling onto chilled cookies and sandwich together.
- Store cookies in the fridge or freezer.
Once the Raweos have set, grab one and indulge!
Did you make this?
Would love to know what you think! Leave a comment below and #thehealthyhour on Instagram so we can see. We’ll feature our favorites.